1. What is your name (real or otherwise)?
Abby Slovin, sometimes Ab, Abby Dabby, Abby Normal, and (as a child) Blabby.
2. Describe your writing style in three words.
Honest, Rhythmic, Colorful
3. How long have you been writing online?
Since September, with the online release of my debut novel, Letters In Cardboard Boxes. Letters was first released online, chapter by chapter, and then made available in paperback.
4. Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in?
5. Describe one way in which you could improve your writing.
Making time to read more, and taste other writer’s styles and skills, will always improve my writing. Even though I read fairly frequently, I could always read more.
6. What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given?
The author and the work are two separate things, so don’t take it personally if readers don’t like the work, and never let your ego get in the way of listening to good, solid feedback.
7. Who is your favorite author?
8. How do you make time to write?
I usually “write” in the form of text messages to myself as I’m going from place to place and flesh it out when I have time to sit at a computer. My schedule doesn’t usually allow me to make time to write, so I build up the texts until time is available.
9. Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt.
Incognito (although I’m not sure if it has a third definition, I just love the word)
10.Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn’t miss reading.
I have just started a new series called “Jack and the Brick Wall” about a recent college graduate searching for work. Its full of wit and honesty and will be released monthly on my blog and the Dunce Academy blog. Link here.